Saturday, April 14, 2007

Forget the pea, how far below sea level are we?

Some people like to sleep on or nearer to the floor. I am not one of those people. I want to "get up in to bed"....I also want to "go up to bed" so I have always wanted a bedroom on the second floor. I used to have a beautiful antique panel style bed. I moved it to vacuum cat hair underneath it one day and when I went to move it back - I broke it. I broke it beyond repair. Currently our mattress and box spring is resting on the floor. Although I have a bunch of 'things' in my bedroom that could be considered harem-ey, I still feel that with my bed on the floor I am sleeping in a bohemian love den. Its funny how a few feet off the ground can make such a big difference. From patchouli, pot smoke, and Peter Tosh to fragrance candles, fresh spring air and Grieg's "Peer Gynt" http://www.mnc.net/norway/morning.mid. I'm not saying that my bedroom before my bed broke was like a "Bounce" commercial, I'm just saying that if I opened my bedroom window, closed my eyes and sprayed enough febreeze the altitude of my bed being higher made me feel like I was sleeping like a princess. So where is all of this going? Since I can't have a bedroom on the second floor, I put a bed on layaway. A beautiful Gothic revival, turn of the century, tiger maple, panel style bed. There is an antique store in Centralia, Washington that is the greatest antique furniture store I have ever been to. The owners refinish all of the furniture themselves and do an amazing job. Then they let poor slobs like myself lay it away. I'm hoping to have my bed by early this summer so I can once again pretend to be a princess .

It looks a little "Dracula-esque" in the picture, but they are gonna refinish it for me. Up the Creek Antiques http://www.amerantfurn.com/








No comments: